Tuesday 4 March 2014

Topshop Student event

On Tuesday, Topshop and Topman were holding a student after-hours night event in Sydney, with free drinks, food and goodies! Myself and two of my friends decided to go. 



We found out about the event through orientation week at my uni - where we received a tote bag of some goodies, and an ice pop. On the paddle pop stick of the ice pop was a symbol (star, heart, circle, diamond) and each symbol had a different prize that correlated to it. I got the star and my prize was one free makeup item. I had the choice of one lipstick or an eye shadow palette (they both came in one shade each). I chose the lipstick which came in the shade 'Sartorial'
(The other prizes were a notebook, a goodie bag and $250 gift voucher!)

It's a lovely mix between coral and bright red colour (like a watermelon!) and it's pretty pigmented, which I love. The box says it's a velvet finish moisturising lipstick, and I think the product does both - have a velvet finish and is moisturising.

Everything in the store was 20% off, but prices were a still bit on the expensive side. Nonetheless I decided to purchase something anyways. I bought one of their lipsticks, a product that I've always wanted to try, but the price has always put me off buying one. 

I bought a Matte Finish Lipstick in the shade 'Beguiled.' Without a doubt I am in love with this shade! I originally wanted a shade called 'The Damned' but they ran out of stock (I might go back and get it) so one of the workers there suggested 'Beguiled' as it's similar to the one I wanted. 'Beguiled' is an amazing deep red/purple colour (it sort of reminds me of Revlon's 'Wine Not') The lipstick is buildable if you don't want a dark vampy lip. It says it's a matte lipstick, which it definitely is, but unfortunately it is also a little drying and not as moisturising as their velvet lipsticks. But otherwise I'm super happy I decided to buy it. 




Top: light coat of Beguiled, Centre: Beguiled built up,  Bottom: Sartorial

*The photos don't do the colours justice, the colours were more vibrant in real life*
Another opportunity to receive a prize was by purchasing something from the store, and showing the person with the prizes the receipt - they'll then let you pick a paddle pop stick (clean and unused obviously haha) from a large blue lottery barrel. So after I bought the lipstick, I went over to claim another prize (hoping for the goodie bag or the voucher!) But I got another star which meant either another lipstick of the eyeshadow palette. Since I already had the lipstick I chose the eyeshadow palette. The palette came in the shade "Constellation" and has four colours: Glittery dark grey, metallic silver, shimmery peach, and a shimmery pastel green. 




I haven't tried the eyeshadow palette on my eyes yet, but from a few swatches, they are definitely shimmery, and a little lacking on pigmentation, but they're all really soft and smooth. 

I love the packaging of Topshop's makeup range, it's simple yet adorable (I especially love the matte feel of the eyeshadow palette - so smooth hahaha) I also love how the eyeshadow comes with a little booklet to help you!


The whole event was great fun, there was music, free hotdogs, free drinks, and we even got a few photos printed out!





I hope everyone is having a lovely day, let me know if you have any recommendations for Topshop makeup, I really want to try their other lip products. Anyways I'll see you guys in my next post! take care! 

3 comments: