Tuesday 11 March 2014

OOTD: First day back at Uni

The holidays are over and uni has started up again recently, to my dismay haha. So far my experiences at uni involve early morning starts, long lectures, being sleep deprived, and so many set of stairs, hence when it comes to creating an outfit for uni, I definitely consider comfort as a major factor - since I'm at uni for the majority of my day. 

I thought I'd share with you guys what I wore to my first day back at uni! 

Top: Glue    |    Jeans: Just Jeans    |    Boots: Wanted Shoes    |     Cardigan: Myer    |    Bag: Strandbags

Wearing this outfit, I felt pretty badass hahaha, with my distressed jeans and combat boots, and my accidental choice of a monochromatic palette may have tapped into my subconsciousness and unintentionally expressed my dejected mood considering I had a 9am start first day back. But I was definitely comfy! 

My uni has so many flights of stairs, that I have sometimes in the past, struggled to breathe after climbing them all (or maybe I'm just super unfit!) but nonetheless I knew that my shoes had to be super comfortable (props to those people who can wear heels to uni, my feet would die!) 


So I decided to go with my combat boots by Therapy that I bought from Wanted Shoes. 

I'm also wearing my black Riders distressed jeans - I might distress them more, they're not distressed enough to my liking, but I still love these jeans and I can't believe I got them on sale! 


I decided to wear a nice loose cropped muscle tee as it was predicted to be hot on that day. My "Play Ball" muscle tee is by Henleys, which I bought from Glue. 


Even though the weather was predicted to be hot, I though I should bring along a cardigan just incase, I know my uni can be really windy at times. So to go with my comfy but stylish theme, I threw on my slouch knitted cardigan that I purchased from Myer. 


And of course, going to uni usually requires you to bring some sort of bag, and so I wore my Laura Jones backpack - I much prefer back packs to handbags or tote bags when it comes to uni, they're way more comfortable for me and the weight of my books are distributed on both of my shoulders instead of one. But if I don't have to carry many books, I'll most likely bring a tote bag.


I hope you guys enjoyed this post, I'll probably try to post as many uni ootd's as much as I can whilst I'm at uni. Anyways I'll see you guys in my next post, have a lovely week and take care! 

8 comments: