Sunday 8 June 2014

Food Adventures: Black Star Pastry

I'd heard a lot of great things about Black Star Pastry, especially in regards to their Strawberry Watermelon cake, so when myself and fellow blogger The Slee drove past one day, we decided pop in for some breakfast! 


First thing I noticed about Black Star was the atmosphere and the decor. It was really lovely, it wasn't too busy but not empty either, and there was a really relaxed and laid back feel to the whole place. Before Black Star, I think that space was a factory, so I love the contrast between the factory walls and ceiling with the plants and cafe equipment.


For breakfast, I decided to get the Roasted Veggie Bially, which was a toasted sesame seed bagel with various vegetables, whilst The Slee decided to get the Quiche Loraine. Both were delicious, and I found mine to be particularly fulfilling. 



Even though this was meant to be our breakfast, we sat there thinking "It's a waste of of opportunity if we don't get their famous Strawberry Watermelon cake whilst we're here" since neither of us have had it before. So we bought one to share (who said we can't have cake for breakfast right? hahaha) 

I personally believe we made the best decision getting that cake. Their Strawberry Watermelon cake with Rose scented cream was AMAZING. The cake was decorated with fresh strawberries with some pistachio nuts and rose petals, whilst underneath that was a layer of rose scented whipped cream. Next was a layer of almond dacquoise, then another layer of the rose scented cream. After that was a layer of fresh watermelon, and then a layer of rose scented cream and almond dacquoise at the bottom. 



I am in love with this cake. Considering the layers of cream, It wasn't heavy at all, it was actually really refreshing and light - the perfect way to end off a meal! If I ever go back (which I probably will) I'm definitely getting another slice. 

Overall I really loved Black Star Pastry, the experience of great. I think the pricing was just a tad expensive, but other than that I loved it.

I definitely recommend you guys try it out whenever you're hanging around Newtown or Rosebery.

Hope everyone is having a lovely week, I'll see you guys in my next post, take care! 


4 comments:

  1. oooh that bagel looks good :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! All of this looks delicious! Looks like a cool place! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete