Monday 14 July 2014

Blush Cosmetics Haul

I’ve always wanted to try some Korean cosmetics, and that opportunity came to me when I visited Blush Cosmetics the other day with my friend and fellow blogger Kirsty (The Slee) - go check out her blog! I have Korean skin care products, but not a lot of Korean make up. One thing I love about Korean make up is their packaging, it’s always adorable! I also love the fact that you always receive samples after your purchase. Massive disclaimer though, these products are pretty pricey, so if you want to get your hands on some good Korean products, either get them from Korea or online. Anyways, here’s what I bought from Blush Cosmetics! 


First up is the Innisfree Gree Tea seed deep cream. I know this cream is a skin care product but I couldn’t help but buy at least one skin care product - I will also admit this product was a total splurge, it was ridiculously over priced! but so is everything in Australia hahaha

I’ve only used this cream once, so I might have to do another extensive review on it after a few days or so, but from the first application I can tell you that it is definitely super moisturising. The cream is extremely thick, it sort of reminds me of a thick puree, or a dip or something (I must be hungry). But it did leave my skin feeling very soft. There’s a slight scent to it, barely though. The product says that it contains “Jeju green tea seeds to throughly replenish moisture and nutrients from deep within your skin” and that it will create a “powerful protecter barrier to prevent moisture loss from your rough skin caused by cold and dry weather conditions” and that it’ll leave your skin dewy. 

Directions: Apply an appropriate amount onto throughly cleansed face and neck then gently smooth for better absorption



The next thing I bought was the Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color from Etude House in the shade Blueberry Cheese cake. The first thing I noticed about this was the packaging - what did I tell you about korean products and their packaging! so cute! It came in a little plastic holder, and the tin itself resembles a cupcake. I am in love with this colour too, it’s a mix between purple and pink, making it the perfect pop of colour for a lovely day out. 

The consistency is creamy, and is similar to the consistency of the compressed lip balms you find in tins. Also, you can use this as a cream eyeshadow, a lip tint or a cheek tint. Another thing I love about this product is it’s scent. I LOVE how this smells! It has a mild berry scent to it, that isn’t too sweet - it’s more on the sour side, if that makes any sense hahaha. However, with this product you have to be careful and make sure that your lips are not chapped and are moisturised because applying this product on will make it very noticeable that you have chapped lips. Additionally, even though I find the packaging to be cute, I don’t find it very practical. The lid of the tin does not seem to be very tight and secure, and I’m afraid that the more I open and close it, the more loose it will become - meaning that the product might dry out. 



The application is very easy, you can either use your finger or a lip brush to apply the product. It's really smooth and the colour is gorgeous but on first application it's a little sheer, you need at least 3-4 applications to get it more pigmented 


I also bought the Rosy Tint Lips which is also by Etude House. I have no idea what the shade is called because I can’t read Korean but I know that it is shade number 2. As the name suggests it is a lip tint, but the consistency reminds me more of lipstick or a lip creme. It comes in a tube with an inbuilt furry applicator to help you apply the product. There is also a very slight scent of rose that you can smell as you’re applying it. The product has a matte finish, and although it’s not drying it’s not completely moisturising either - so moisturise! The shade I chose is a orange/red/coral colour which I love and would probably recommend for summer or spring. 

On the box there are 3 tips:

Tip 1: for a subtle look, apply the product onto the centre of your upper and lower lips and spread evenly

Tip 2: for more colour, smoothly glide the product onto your lips in an inner to outer direction - like how you would normally apply lip product 

Tip 3: apparently you can use this on your cheeks! Just dispense a certain amount and dab it on your cheeks, blending quickly with your fingers.



The colour of this lip tint is lovely, and is definitely buildable if you're after more of a deeper colour. The furry applicator is interesting, but it works well.


My next purchase was the Etude House Bling in the Sea Proof 10 Color Eye Stick in the shade Mermaid Pink. It’s a eyeshadow stick that comes with a smudging tip on one end. The eyeshadow is a creamy texture and it’s a shimmery bronze mixed with a little hint of pink colour - kind of reminds me of Maybelline’s  Colour Tattoo Bad to the Bronze shade. The product is also really soft so be careful. The smudging application is basically a sponge, and it does a decent job of blending. There’s nothing negative I can say about the packaging either as I think it’s practical and just as adorable. 



The longevity of the eyeshadow is pretty good too! As I wiping the swatches off my arm, the eyeshadow was still there, and wouldn't come off until another 4-6 vigorous wipes.


As I mentioned before, after a purchase you’ll be given some samples! The four samples I received  were: 
SKINFOOD Gold Caviar Eye Serum - I received two of these
SKINFOOD Peach Sake Pore Serum 
SKINFOOD Vita Color Lip Lacquer in the shade Coral for you


I might do a separate review on these samples in another post as I have yet to try them

I hope you guys enjoyed this haul post, feel free to suggest to me any other asian make up products I should try! Hope everyone has a lovely day, I’ll see you in my next post! Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment