Thursday 17 July 2014

Food Adventures: Scones, Tea and chocolates

Hello lovelies! today's post is just going to be a short one on my random trip around the city!


The first place I visited was the David Jones Food Hall. I'd heard a lot about the Food Hall but had never been in there until a few days ago. It was amazing and had a variety of different foods, ranging from chocolates and lollies to grill bars and sushi train. The first thing I went for was the Chocolate covered Strawberry with coconut. I know what you're thinking, it's such a boring choice considering my options, but the heart wants what the heart wants. It was 3 dollars, not sure if it was worth it, but nonetheless it was still a good strawberry - not too small in size and super juicy, balancing out the rich chocolate. 



My friend decided to buy a chocolate strawberry too, and also a coconut mousse from Misschu. The coconut mousse was adorably wrapped in some banana leaf and placed in a mini takeaway box (you get 2 of them in the box). Under the layer of mousse was also some coconut jelly with some coconut pieces. My friend said it was really authentic, she loved it!


Next thing I really wanted to try was this chocolate penguin. I was sold from the moment I saw it, it was so cute. It was made from dark and white chocolate with a mango filling. This one was definitely more rich compared to the strawberry, I needed a few sips of water afterwards, but it was still really good, I loved the mango filling - I think it was either a ganache or a mousse. 


Next place we ventured off to was the Tea Salon, which is situated within Westfield Sydney. It wasn't an actual store, more like a space - but a really beautifully decorated space. I felt super classy as soon as I stepped into its boundaries. I ordered a White chocolate and cranberry scone and the China Sencha tea. 




That scone was so lovely and moist, with the right amount of white chocolate and cranberries, and it came with a side of strawberry jam and cream. The tea was also amazing and really helped cleanse my palette afterwards. But what I really fell in love with was the tea pot and matching tea cup they gave me for my tea! 






My friend ordered the Haigh's Chocolate Scone, which came with a side of melted chocolate and cream, and a Skim Latte. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this short post, and I'll see you in my next one, take care! 

2 comments: