Tuesday 22 July 2014

DIY: Coffee scrub

Since it's winter here in Australia I've really concentrated on my skin and keeping it hydrated and moisturised, so I decided to try out a coffee scrub! 



Coffee scrubs are great for you thanks to the antioxidants and minerals in it, and coffee is also known to reduce the appearance of cellulite and tighten your skin. There are a range of different things you can put in a coffee scrub to accompany the coffee but what I decided to use was:
- Coffee 
- Brown Sugar 
- Coconut Oil 

Instead of Coconut oil you could use any type of oil you want, such as olive oil, you could even add in sea salt, a few drops of lemon, cinnamon and much more. 
To store my coffee scrub I decided to put it into a large jar I bought from Daiso! 


Here's how to make it! 

Step 1: Combine dry ingredients
Mix your coffee and the brown sugar in a bowl - 1 cup of each


Step 2: Add your oil 
If you're using coconut oil you have to melt it down, but otherwise just pour in your oil and stir - 1/2 cup



And thats it! It's super easy, super quick and definitely worth a shot, all you have to do now is apply it to your skin whilst you're in the shower.


I loveeeed this scrub! Firstly, it smelt AMAZING - I could have eaten it hahaha. But most importantly it was super moisturising and left my skin feeling lovely and soft - as a scrub/exfoliant should. 

If you have some of the scrub left over, keep it in your refrigerator and it should last around 3 days. 

Hope you guys found this post helpful, you should definitely try out this scrub and let me know what you think! Have a lovely week and take care! 

1 comment: